Community Resources for Students

Need help? There's a community resource out there we can connect you with!

If you know of a great resource that you don't see on this list, please let us know by leaving feedback on our crowd-sourced page.

If you are looking for a resource that you don't see on this list, please contact us. 

National Immediate Help Lines:
-Boys & Girls Town National Hotline is a 24-hour crisis, resource and referral line. Call 1-800-448-3000 if you or someone you know is in need of immediate help.
-National Safe Place- just text the word “SAFE” and your current location to the number 69866 if you need a safe place to go.
-National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is there to help if you or someone you know is in emotional distress or suicide crisis. Call 1-800-273-TALK(8255) to get help.
-National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline can help if you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship. Just call 1-866-331-9474.

Local Immediate Help Lines:
-Los Angeles County Child Abuse Hotline: Call 1-800-540-4000 to receive counseling, intervention, and preparation services in cases of child abuse.
-Sexual Assault Crisis Hotline: If you have been raped or sexually assaulted, call 562-597-2000 for immediate assistance.
-United Way Hotline Los Angeles County provides generic telephone and referral services for homeless people in the LA County area. Call 310-603-8962.

Los Angeles County Social Services:
-LA County Helps: Privately and confidentially check your eligibility for many different health and human services programs (food stamps, Cal Works, EITC, Medi-Cal, etc.) in Los Angeles County. Visit online at:
-Cal Fresh: Go to to see if you qualify for Cal Fresh benefits (Food Stamps). You can apply online and interview over the phone or in person. Applications take about 2-4 weeks to review, approve, and process before you will start to receive benefits.

Preparing and Paying for College: 

-FAFSA: To apply for financial aid, you must fill out a free FAFSA form online 
-College Board: To help plan for college, find the right college, get tips for getting into college, learn about careers that are right for you, study for the SATs and more, go to
-California Student Aid/CalGrants: To apply for CalGrants and find out how you can get free cash for college or career school, go to
– College Navigator: To find a college that’s right for you based on cost, location and majors, go to
-California Dream Act- allows children who were brought to the US under the age of 16 without proper visas/immigration documentation who have attended school on a regular basis and otherwise meet in-state tuition and GPA requirements to apply for student financial aid benefits. To learn more and to fill out the application online, go and for help filling out the application, go to:

Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counseling
-Al-Anon/Alateen: If your life is being affected by someone’s drinking, Al-Anon offers strength and hope for friends and families of problem drinkers. Meetings are anonymous and confidential. Learn more here; If you are a teenage girl, find out information about fitness, nutrition, drugs, alcohol, and smoking here:
-National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens: Find drug information and research findings for teens at

Be the first to comment

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.

Volunteer Attend an event Donate